Re: [FR-devel] Moving Towards a First Release (FreeBASE)

From: Laurent Julliard
Subject: Re: [FR-devel] Moving Towards a First Release (FreeBASE)
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 08:51:15 +0200

Rich Kilmer wrote:
I will look long and hard at these and let you all know what I can do.

In the meantime, I updated the FreeBASE page on the FreeRIDE wiki that
includes a downloadable (and installable) instance of the FreeBASE
subsystem if anyone would like to use it outside of FreeRIDE itself.  I
am using it on a DARPA (US Dept of Defense) project and needed to have
it separated out.

Page href:  http://www.rubyide.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?FreeBASE

We should probably enable this via Savannah, but until then, the link is
there for download.

Regards,

Rich

I think you should definitely go with a separate distribution and reference freebase in the Ruby Archive as a module of its own. If you do this then we could treat freeBASE as the other module we use in freeRIDE and migrate it in the redist directory.

Does this sound good?

If there is no objection I will use the freeBASE-0.4.0 as the basis for the integration in the redist dir and remove it from the freeRIDE top directory.

Laurent

--
Laurent JULLIARD - Xerox R&T/SSTC/XPA - Open Source team