RE: [FR-devel] Moving Towards a First Release

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: RE: [FR-devel] Moving Towards a First Release
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 06:53:55 -0700

I just wanted to let you know that I have been working on debugging the
threading problem with FXRuby/Fox running under the non-cygwin version of
Ruby on windows. I haven't yet solved the problem, but I feel that I am
getting closer. Its got something to do with the funny way that Ruby
manipulates the stack in conjunction with exception handling in the C
runtime library that sends Windows into an infinite loop unwinding the
stack. I'll keep you posted.

Once I finish this, I'm going to take a look at the bison/ripper issue to
ensure that we can integrate Nishio's source browser.

Curt

PS
   You've probably been following the active discussion that Tom Sawyer
initiated on the Ruby ML regarding GUI Toolkits. He accepted my offer to
setup a wiki to support his project. I did so, and he said he will announce
it (the wiki) in about a week, once he gets it organized. Anyway, I think he
is doing some really nice work that we may be able to use in FreeRIDE later
on, so take a close look at it once he has made the announcement.