Re: [FR-devel] Moving Towards a First Release

From: NISHIO Mizuho
Subject: Re: [FR-devel] Moving Towards a First Release
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 23:43:16 +0900

Curt Hibbs wrote:

With the incredible work that Laurent has done on FreeRIDE lately, I would
say we are getting close to having something we could release as an early
alpha.

Here's what I think need to be done before we can make such a release (feel
free to add your own opinion):

Must Have:
- Syntax highlighting
- Integrate Nishio Mizuho's source browser

As Laurent wrote, I need the DockBar/DockPane plugins. (And if possible, I need the TreeList/List plugin.) In addition to them, we must test ripper(the ruby script parser). Now, ripper is alpha version and it requires some more tests in order to adopt the FreeRIDE's ruby parser. The third problem of Source Browser is the installation of ripper.Ripper needs bison when it is compiled. On Linux and *BSD, we can use it(in many cases, those OSes
offers bison's package). But, On Windows, I don't know where we can get
bison's binary except the cygwin package. We can compile ripper by using
cygwin's bison and VC++?

If you are interested in ripper, You can get ripper from here.
http://www.loveruby.net/archive/ripper/ripper-0.0.5.tar.gz
(It may not be compiled with Ruby-1.7.2.)

Another problem is that now I have no time to spend on FreeRIDE.

Would be Nice:
- A simple "gettext" like facility for
 rudimentary internationalization.
I recommend Ruby Gettext Package(http://home2.highway.ne.jp/mutoh/tools/ruby/en/ruby-gettext.html).

By the way, I propose that my irb plugin is included in FreeRIDE.
I think it will be useful when we explore the FreeRIDE when executing it.

--
NISHIO Mizuho
e-mail: address@hidden