Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFSAC details

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] AFFSAC details
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 10:58:26 -0000

Andrew Savory <address@hidden> wrote:
> Any ideas of times yet? When's it start? When does the AGM start, for
> those of us that don't have time to do the conference too? (Although I'm
> hoping to do both, obviously!)

Yes, we're starting to get more firm ideas about this.  I've added some
details to the web site and you have Marc's email.

> How much does it cost for non-members?

Non-members should apply to join.

> Erm. I don't want to be picky, but "FSF free software"? Is this like OSI
> Open Source? And when did it become "FSF free software" and not "free
> software"?

When I semi-goofed while writing and it was missed during editing.  If that's
the worst that happened, it's not so bad.

>   First para: 'issued an ticket number' should be 'issued a ticket
>   number'.

Fixed.

>   First bullet: 'have will be issued' should be 'will be issued'.

Fixed.

>   Also, not an error, but 'Tickets are conditional on you applying to join
>   and paying the membership fee at the start of the meeting' ... wow.
>   Seems a bit harsh. What happens if someone wants to pay =A310 for the
>   conference but _not_ join?

Unsure.  I'll see what is said, but probably they pay the fee but offer
no application.

>   Can we please change "Freedom 0", "Freedom 1" etc to use normal
>   'man on the street' numbering? (ie, start from 1.)

Please start this in another thread.  It's not related to the conference.
I believe the numbering is inherited from FSF.

Thanks for this bug report.

MJR