Re: [Fsfe-uk] Software patent MEP response

From: Karl Naylor
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Software patent MEP response
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 21:11:53 +0100

> On the issue of European software patents, I recently wrote to all
> the West Midlands MEPs, and I have had one interesting response

Interesting.  I notice the response doesn't really seem to address the
specific points you made, particularly regarding the behaviour of
large corporations abusing patent law to eliminate competition.
Rather, he seems to have trotted out a rather generic argument on the
subject.  I found that this also happened when I wrote to my own MP on
a different issue (ID cards).  I wonder if this is generally the case
when writing to MPs... I'll try my own MEPs and see what comes up.

I agree that we need clarification of the term `technical effect'.
Will you be writing again to find out?

Karl.