gforge-devel

Re: [Gforge-devel] gforge

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: Re: [Gforge-devel] gforge
Date: 12 Feb 2003 20:57:52 +0100

Dan Kuykendall <address@hidden> said:

> I just want to jump in an defend Tim on this a bit. I have seen this
> many times in the Free Software world, where some people will jump
> into full attack mode WAY to quickly about license issues.

The problem noticed was pretty simple: no license/copyright notes +
phrasing in files that leads to think that it is legal to link
proprietary software on a GPL software (gforge, which is mainly GPL).

We should stick to the facts, not to the supposed intentions of one
person or another, which are pretty hard to guess and leads generally
to sterile flames.

This issue mentionned need to be fixed as soon as possible: Tim said
he'll handle it, so it's fine, there's no particular need for
defence.

Regards,

--
Mathieu Roy