gforge-devel

Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [Gforge-devel] gforge

From: Adam Theo
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [Gforge-devel] gforge
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 15:27:16 -0500

Hi, all. Sorry for the belated reply. Work's been keeping me busy the last week, even well into the weekend.

I'm not familiar with the issue being discussed here. Where do the licensing conflicts exist? In the core gforge package, or an add-on or library? I would like to help sort through this if any help is needed, I'm familiar with the issues of copyright licensing, and have been helping out licensing conflicts in the past.

As for gforge, I hope that the package is not harmed, nor pulled or left for dead by the core developers. I've decided to use gforge for sourceid.org when we have the time and energy to convert over everything to a new system, and have toyed with the idea of how to blend my current free-form wiki setup on theoretic.com with a more rigid, tried-and-true project management system like gforge.

I would love to help everyone understand and use the Ransom model, if it turns out to be usable in this situation. There are difficulties with Ransom when it comes to existing GPL'ed code, but we may be able to work around it fairly.

Thanks, all.