Re: [glob2-devel] Globulation mythos

From: Denis Lianda
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Globulation mythos
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 19:19:10 +0300

В Пнд, 13/12/2004 в 10:26 +0100, Stéphane Magnenat пишет:

> Thanks for your interest in glob2's universe. You are right, we need a
> universe, even if (and this is a good think) there is still lots of mystery
> in it.

Thanks! Having read all the comments, now I have a rather clear
understanding what Globulation universe is and, more importanty, what it
is not.
Now, if I ever get to write about Globulation game, its universe will
not go unmentioned.

> Now I'll try to explain what I have in mind about the universe, this is
> personnal and reflects my own wishes. I would like it to be oniric, feel like
> a dream. Did you see the everlasting story ? It is very kitsch, but has a
> cool ambiance, like a child's own universe. I don't want glob2 be a horror
> and sad universe, but rather a world in itself, with its myths and legends. I
> don't want to put it in our timelime, but rather let it float out of time.
>
> I hope you understand now better the idea I have for glob2's ambiance. Two
> days ago, I sent a GUI image on this mailing listm trying to have a graphic
> approach to the universe feeling, don't hesitate to comment it.

I think it fits well. I am no good at design, but with "hive mind" and
all, the style must be somewhat 'biological', which I think it currently
is (roundish objects with rough sand-like surfaces are just great).
Since globules are very unhuman, no object in the game should look like
an object a human could use (that doesn't refer to the game UI
though :).
The main danger, as I see it, is to fall to temptation to make globules
a sort of kawaii Zerg. That would ruin the mood entirely.
And yeah, I like the Glob2 style! It's characteristic and recognizable -
and very 'unearthly'. My opinion is that it should be kept simple and
clean, although graphics detail can and should be improved.

Thanks for listening for the users feedback! :)