Re: [glob2-devel] alpha 13 runs slooooooooooooow

From: Matthew Marshall
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] alpha 13 runs slooooooooooooow
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 09:52:15 +0000

On Monday 25 April 2005 07:02 am, Stéphane Magnenat wrote:
> Was the game good ? Do you enjoy the new gameplay ?

Well, I haven't had time for a game yet.  (been quite busy.)  But I think it
looks like it is much better :)

Who came up with those ideas?  Are they yours?  (I haven't seen them discussed
anywhere.)  I had thought hard for a way to fix the clearing and fruiting
imbalances, but none of my ideas were anywhere near this good!

The slower building is also nice; it makes it not quite a valuable to build
directly next to resources.  (which makes it easier to build well planned
bases.)

BTW, would it be hard to make the swarm leave behind a small amount of wheat
when it is destroyed?  I have long thought that would be a great way to
implement 'planting'.

MWM