Re: [glob2-devel] Alleyways, and pathfinding

From: Andrii Zvorygin
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Alleyways, and pathfinding
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 02:30:39 -0500

Great!  But if you're being brutally honest, is your interest in
experimenting with the effects of pheromones, or in solving the traffic
problem in whatever way works?  There's nothing at all wrong with
joining a project like this to explore a programming idea that interests
and excites you, but it's better that we know now rather than keep
suggesting solutions that you're not interested in.

        - Andrew

Well while I must admit that I really did wish to explore the possibility of the pheramonal AI, It's not like i wouldn't be interested in peoples suggestions, Like i think for instance that suggestion about the arrows is a really good one, and something that would actually be relatively easy to implement with a pheramone-directional algorithm.

But you are right in the sense that I really don't want to work on the wavefront system.

I also don't want the wavefront system to be thrown away, and would like it if there were multiple unit Ai's that people could suggest.

What I really do want in terms of suggestions in critisism is on the pheramone-directional system
like it seems a good idea to me, i can't say i've worked out all the kinks and I would love someone besides myself that is interested in investigating this new approach to group path finding.

Anyways I should probably start a new thread for it so that's what i'm going to do right now so intentions are clear

thanks,

Sincerly, Lokadin