Re: [glob2-devel] Blender 2.40 => Introduction cinematic

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Blender 2.40 => Introduction cinematic
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 10:25:19 -0800

On 12/23/05, Stéphane Magnenat <address@hidden> wrote:
> What do you think ?

Well it sounds quite nice actually. I think it needs to have more of
the feeling of an actual glob2 game though, for example, her would be
my storyline for a glob2 opening cinamatic:

 - Your overlooking a wheat field, brilliant, majestic, calm
 - This thing is coming. Whats that thing you wonder? A glob is
coming! You only see the glob harvesting a piece of wheat at the edge
of the field.
 - The camera zooms around to the magnicant swarm, (which of coarse
will be absolutely huge)
 - The glob puts the wheat infront of the swarm (where there is a pile
of wheat), and suddenly the wheat disseapears (a poof of stars), and
out comes a new glob
 - The camera spins around. Globs are assembling a few inns. The music
is still peacefull.
 - The music gets deeper, the camera runs around and you see a
barracks nearly finished. The music gets louder, deeper, bigger
drumming, but not climatic
 - You see the barracks get finished, and a bunch of globs cheer. Some
particularly weak looking globs go into the barracks, and they come
out again fairly tough looking.
 - The camera swings ontop of a mountain top where globs are on a
tower. The camera overlooks a deep valley. The music is exciting, fast
beating, not really deep
 - Explorers start to fly into the valley
 - The camera follows the explorers into the valley. I'm not sure how,
but at this point you will figure out that your overlooking the enemy
 - The camera goes over the mountain quickly back to the base. The
base is well developed now, there is a swimming pool, barracks,
school, racing track, several inns, and many globs working.
 - In the center of the village, a bunch of the warrior globs begin to gather
 - About 30 of them, big, buff and mean looking (perhaps even with
armor!) start to go over the mountain side. The drums in the music are
no beating it out, this is the climax.
 - The globs roll down the mountain side and engage the enemy in combat.
 - We are winning, the enemies globs are dissapearing.
 - Our warriors shake buildings (as in literally grab on and shake)
untill they fall down.
 - The enemies base is nearly gone, the music turns to a sort of
victory music, and the globs cheer "hip hip horay" sort of
 - The seen fades away into a well formed glob2 logo