[glob2-devel] Blender 2.40 => Introduction cinematic

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: [glob2-devel] Blender 2.40 => Introduction cinematic
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 13:46:08 +0100

Hi,

Blender (www.blender.org) has released the long awaited version 2.40
I take this as the occasion to suggest again the idea of an introduction cinematic. I think that perhaps we can make 3d models of buildings and then paint them using textures and toon shading so that they look like the ones in the game. Some preliminary blender work are available here:
* blender globules (the ones used in game now):
  ftp://ftp.ysagoon.com/artworks/globules.tar.gz
* there was some buildings in blender, but I can't find them again

I would also be interested in trying to make a music for such a video. I've an idea of storyboard I should extend, but here the overall direction: * In a quite fantastic looking forest, everything is calm, wind is slightly blowing. * Then a repetitive but light sound arrives and get louder and louder: a globule is coming * The globule is then harvesting a tree, turning back and bringing it with her (globules are all females didn't you know ?). To transport the tree, she is launching it, exchanging legs, then holding the tree back. * The globule follows a way, exiting the forest, passing near a wheat field. Another globule joins her. Music get a second voice. * Both globules are walking in a sand area. In the far, the great sea, some seewheats and aquatic globules. In the sky, some explorers make large circles. Wind is blowing a bit stronger. * The globules are then turning right, going up on a hill. At the top of the hill, we see a defense tower and a piece of wall. The music is getting more and more constructed. * Then, at the top of the hill, the globules go down to glob city, where a lot of activities take place. The music is getting really symphonic (well, sort of). Then all the globule move to special positions so that the word Globulation 2 is made by their position.

What do you think ?