Re: [glob2-devel] Blender 2.40 => Introduction cinematic

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Blender 2.40 => Introduction cinematic
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 13:12:05 +0100

> To start (should probably start a new thread on this) what is going to
> be our highest priority change right now for how we have the backend
> work? have we decided on gtk++ yet? and how we're going to do map
> generation, the rewrite, etc?

so you've found a way to force me to rewrite Glob2 in Qt ? ;-)

I was suggesting new backend in the case we drasticly chance the network
model. The critical feature present in modern GUI toolkit is dynamic UI
creation and scripting binding. If we do *not* need those features, I don't
see why we should switch backend. Libgag works fine and is perfectly able to
seemlessly integrate with 3d game rendering in case we want it. We can even
let the user chose the mode in case of GL rendering, and keep using 2d in
case of software one. But I agree that 3d rendering is far far from being the
critical thing to do, as the principal interest of Glob2 is not in state of
the art 3d graphics.

Merry Christmas,

http://nct.ysagoon.com