Re: [glob2-devel] new mapgenerator

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] new mapgenerator
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 14:15:01 +0100

I'm not sure to understand, if I merge your branch, will it work? What do you mean by MapGenerationDescriptor::setData, MapGenerationDescriptor::getData and MapGenerationDescriptor::checkSummissing?

these functions are not missing. they are just not changed to contain the new variables. also i have no idea if i was missing any other spot that needs beeing changed. but my maps are already playable when stone was added by hand.

the rand()->SyncRand() need to be in place so that it works in network. But that is easy to change.

it is not yet in. generated maps still need to be modified so glob2 does not rely on the reproducability. but i think it is no good idea to not actually save the map but only the way it was created as changes will occure maybe frequently destroying older maps.

So do you think it is good enough so I can merge it to head ? And good enmough for an alpha release just after ?

yes. that's why i posted here. it is now possible to quickly generate all sizes of maps.

the widgets for resources are not yetused so they have no effect yet. also stone is missing completely so far. but for an editor opposed to a generator for direct play it serves a lot now. i can not promis to have time to get it to work today. but maybe if you put it in, someone has a look for these data/checksum/rand issues and people come up with improvement ideas. i will have things working during debuging this week but i am afraid map-gen will be left behind if you don't merge it today.

greetings, leo