Re: [glob2-devel] Tooltip System

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Tooltip System
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:56:40 +0200

In libgag, RectangularWidget is used for widgets that use a certain area on
screen. Right now, all widgets inherits from RectangularWidget. But we can
imagine, for instance, a widget that could be a sound producer that is not
rectangular. Although this may not be the cleanest architecture (it's
inspired form GUI design already some years old now), it's simple and works.
If we have something much better, we can change, but I'm not sure it's worth
the work.

I think the tootip thing should go in RectangularWidget. Why not adding a
drawTooltip in RectangularWidget, then doing a dynamic cast in
Screen::dispatchPaint ?

Right now the tooltip is not drawn after the other widget, so it can be
masked. How do you plan to handle this ?