[glob2-devel] The next release

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: [glob2-devel] The next release
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 23:48:16 -0500

I feel that we should release now. I've just commit the campaign code
that I've been hiding for the past month and a half, and having done
my own testing, I'm reassured of the stability of the campaign code.
The only thing that needs to be done before we can release is the
uploading of the campaign file for Joey Campaign. Its enclosed with
this email and is put in the campaigns folder. Feel free to try it. I
don't know how to access our file server.

nct, would you be as so kind?

For now, we should stick with the Alpha naming system, atleast for
this release. While I think the Alpha system is simple enough (since
we reference the versions by their Alpha, not 0.8.21 or 0.8.15), it
seems people want a simple version numbering system. Perhaps we can
remove the 8, and do it just 0.21, 0.22, 0.23, etc... The first is our
major, currently we haven't had a major, and the second is our minor.
I still don't understand the 8. Seems rather pointless to me.

I'm not sure who is the release manager anymore. If I'm still it and
everyone is comfortable with releasing now, then I'll go ahead and do
it.

--
Really. I'm not lieing. Bradley Arsenault.