Re: [glob2-devel] The next release

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] The next release
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:45:39 +0100

> I feel that we should release now.

not before i either reverted clouds code or finished my implementation.
not before others confirm the editor is accessible with nct's last modification
as here it isn't even after a proposed make clean; make

nct if we want to release really now can you put in a fork
opengl enabled => my code modified as below
opengl disabled => old code
and change the alpha-value as follows:
128*(1+pn.Noise(...)) => std::max(0,std::min(255,pn.Noise(...)*300))

I will not get back to my PC and do it within the next 36h from now.

> I'm not sure who is the release manager anymore. If I'm still it and
> everyone is comfortable with releasing now, then I'll go ahead and do
> it.

i vote to feature-freeze and release a 1.0rc1 now. who's willing to test should
be able to do so on all platforms. it should not overwrite the existing 0.8.21
so people can choose wich version to play.
acceptance is low if after an update people get stuck with some major bug.

Greetings, Leo Wandersleb