Re: [glob2-devel] New Net Code Is Priority

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] New Net Code Is Priority
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 12:59:29 +0100

> I think if where going to go to a new system, we better get to it.

I don't have the time to test the version control systems until
march.

> Kyles server better be able to take on another load.

I thought only our wiki is on the server.
Isn't the cvs repository on savanna?

> I vote for SVN, I hear its excellent.

I read that it's much better than cvs, but not good.
So we could change to subversion.  This will be an improvement,
but probably not the best.

I would suggest bzr (bazaar-ng), monotone, darcs or mercurial.
But I haven't had a chance to test, I only read documentations.

I'd say that bazaar will turn out the best control in a few years,
because they steal any good feature that any other system has.
The developer of darcs has many ideas that he tries.
Monoton, mercurial and subversion will be more stable.