Re: [glob2-devel] New Net Code Is Priority

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] New Net Code Is Priority
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 20:25:10 +0100

> I do not agree. If you begin to work on the new code, then you have to stop
> for any personnal reason, glob2 stays without any network code at all. I know
> that you want to do this because working in branches is paintfull with cvs.
> So I think in that case the solution would be to change the version managment
> system, not delete all current network code in HEAD.
>
> Steph

Ok.  I vote for new control system and network rebuild in an extra branch.
What do you have in mind?  Subversion?

Martin suggested once:
bazaar-ng, darcs, codeville, mercurial, monotone or cognito.

The question is: are popular enough?
And are they really that much better than subversion?

bazaar, darcs, mercurial, monotone are in gentoo linux.

comparisons:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_revision_control_software
http://zooko.com/revision_control_quick_ref.html
http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Apps/scm.html