[glob2-devel] While on the subject of change....

From: Kieran P
Subject: [glob2-devel] While on the subject of change....
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 20:19:38 +1200

While chaning SCMS is on the back burner, with no plans in the near future to hurry the process, I thought I'd direct my time and effort elsewhere. I've made a few changes to the wiki, which I think should help it a bit (categorizing, page editing and some deleting). I've still got admin abilities on the wiki, forum, and Savannah, which surprised me, since I was away for so long ^_^, now if I could only remember my password for ssh :D).

The forum, as some of you might know, is broken. Posting doesn't work cause of some SMTP error. Not only that, but both the wiki and the forum are majorly out of date and need updating. Sadly, I have not used SSH much, and generally prefer FTP to do most of my work. If such a service existed, I would happily upgrade both.

However, phpBB is quite limited and while it works, the theming options and stability in MyBB I think would make the change worth while (especially if I can find or make a converter to save all the data). Along with the latest wiki, Globulation would again be making a step forward.

I suspect these comments will come back with critism, as my last did. But when you compare the two forum systems, MyBB far outweighs phpBB in power, and security. And it has so many more things to offer.

Also, because of the way MyBB is, I should have no problem, once wiki is upgraded, integrating forum and wiki accounts again.

So what do you say? Want to move forward in this aspect?
--
Kieran.P
http://qlwiki.linuxsolutions.co.nz/