Re: [glob2-devel] While on the subject of change....

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] While on the subject of change....
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 11:04:51 +0200

Kieran P wrote:
I've made a few changes to the wiki, which I think should help it a bit (categorizing, page editing and some deleting).

The "recent wiki changes" shocked me a bit as your most recent mails sounded to
me a bit like you might do things without consensus and then seeing a list of over 100
changes and many deletions. But as a looked it through a bit: Thanx for categorization.

I've still got admin abilities on the wiki, forum, and Savannah, which surprised me, since I was away for so long ^_^, now if I could only remember my password for ssh :D).

ssh works by private/public-key only i guess.

The forum, as some of you might know, is broken. Posting doesn't work cause of some SMTP error.

It works. I deleted one of your posts that was doubled. "Only" notification on
new posts doesn't work. Bad enough.

Not only that, but both the wiki and the forum are majorly out of date and need updating.

Program version, not content?

However, phpBB is quite limited and while it works, the theming options and stability in MyBB I think would make the change worth while (especially if I can find or make a converter to save all the data). Along with the latest wiki, Globulation would again be making a step forward.

Why do you want to change all infrastructure??
I'm fine with the wiki.
I'm fine with the forum.
I'm fine with the bugtracker (if only it was used. far too much is brought to
the ml).
I'm fine with cvs although i never did major merges. If we change soon my vote
is for git.

MyBB far outweighs phpBB in power, and security.

Security might be an aspect as long as we have no real backup server that jumps
in if server 1 is broken.

Leo Wandersleb