Re: [glob2-devel] While on the subject of change....

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] While on the subject of change....
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 21:41:58 +1200

The "recent wiki changes" shocked me a bit as your most recent mails sounded to me a bit like you might do things without consensus and then seeing a list of over 100 changes and many deletions. But as a looked it through a bit: Thanx for categorization.

As I said earlier, I kept all revisions, and when the TRAC thing didn't work out, I put them all back up. Thats the great thing about the wiki :D So in the end, its just a bit of categorizing, and linking to orphaned pages mostly.

ssh works by private/public-key only i guess.

Well, the current ssh globulation2.org  promts me for a password. Must be the temporary server?

It works. I deleted one of your posts that was doubled. "Only" notification on new posts doesn't work. Bad enough.

Ah, I didn't see that. Thanks :D But it will still need fixing (simple code change should do the trick)

Program version, not content?

Indeed. The wiki is currently 0.6 or so, while mediawiki is up to 0.9 !! And the forum probably has so many reported bugs by now, anyone could hack the forum :P

Why do you want to change all infrastructure??

:( Its like your against change :P

I'm fine with the wiki.
I'm fine with the forum.

As am I. I put forward MyBB as an idea, but you'll see my original message was about upgrading both of them, not changing them to something else.

I'm fine with the bugtracker (if only it was used. far too much is brought to the ml).
I'm fine with cvs although i never did major merges. If we change soon my vote is for git.

And this is a totally different thread now. As mentioned, thats waiting for Bradley's input (I guess he has the deciding choice).

Security might be an aspect as long as we have no real backup server that jumps in if server 1 is broken.

Well, phpBB isn't that bad, but it has to be patched on a regular basis to be safe.

--
Kieran.P
http://qlwiki.linuxsolutions.co.nz/