Re: [glob2-devel] a slight need for more bandwidth hosting (the release

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] a slight need for more bandwidth hosting (the release files)
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 08:10:46 +1200

Oh, and about hosts, there are always free ones:

http://www.wikiupload.com/
http://www.filefactory.com/

But I dont know what they are like.

On 4/10/07, Kyle Lutze <address@hidden> wrote:
ok, well, the need for bandwidth has much increased. 30-40gb/mo was going to be ok, turns out so far this month we've already used 40gb of hosting! and drazak's VPS provider isn't particularly liking that much usage. It seems that glob2 has become much more popular, with the site now getting an average of 1800 hits/day, peaked at 4000 when .22 was released, over 5000 downloads between all of the release files this month.

the release files, especially the windows binary, account for over 36GB of that, so I would like to try and offload the binaries to a server that doesn't mind, and won't charge (because it would cost a fortune) over 100GB of bandwidth a month for those files.

Nigel: would your dreamhost account be able to sustain that without them killing your account?

if not, I'm thinking of talking to osuosl as they were very friendly to work with when I was looking for a good place for the wikimania audio files.

any other suggestions? I would really like to get the change done within the next 2 days, even by the end of today would be best.

cheers,
Kyle