Re: [glob2-devel] mercurial switch

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] mercurial switch
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 00:26:30 +0200

>> You are right, this method is much better (I just found it):
>> http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/index.cgi/HgWebDirStepByStep
>
> Maybe we can integrate this with the forum/wiki user database. It would be
> very nice. We could then drop syncdata/syncmaps and have a fully unified
> development infrastructure.

How limited is your space?
When we decide to use mercurial the mercurial way we'll have
repositories == branches.  Each branch 8mb right now without maps and
data.  Maps = 10mb, data = 14 mb.  There can be a lot of branches, if
we don't clean up.
Lets say 30 branches -> 900mb.

If we use different repositories for data, code and maps 300mb without
deleting old branches.  I generally would like to seperate different
areas of development into different repositories.  Most likely
different people work than on graphics.

If we use mercurial cvs way, branches would be stored more efficiently
(I think), but the repository would be untidy.

Of course we can mix.  Some branches as repositories and some
as branches.

By the way:
Today I failed again to get anything but the main branch into a
dSCM.  Also remarkable size of the CVS repository: 20mb
Size of the SVN repository: 50mb