Re: [glob2-devel] Net Engine Update!

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Net Engine Update!
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 09:35:58 +0200

On Saturday 30 June 2007 09:18:24 Kieran P wrote:
> Well the problem with renaming the old ones means that old scripts will
> break. Anything from a23 or previous people download will no longer be able
> to get the right files. Hence my idea to have only the new ones in a new
> folder. This will keep at least some compatibility as far as source
> installations or old revisions from mercurial.

Yes, this seems reasonable. Show we reorganize folder structure?
For instance maps and campaigns go into data/maps and data/campaign?
Problem is that we will have another breakage the time we use zip-based
virtual filesystem for files and maps.

> As for restoring maps, I'll be making a brand new set of maps once a24 (or
> 0.9.0) is set to be released (i.e everything is finalized). And when those
> are done, I'll begin work on transferring over tutorial data, before moving
> onto recreating old maps and finally the campaigns (which need major work).
> It will take me about 2 months, so I don't want to begin something that
> might become obsolete if Brad changes the format.

Ok to wait for a while. Anyway your are not the sole contributor I hope ;-)

Have a nice day,