Re: [glob2-devel] Version 3 of GPL license issued yesterday

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Version 3 of GPL license issued yesterday
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 21:32:17 +1200

I don't understand what is so special about those 3 month. Why should nuage be so unimportant?

Well, putting aside the fact that he has actually agreed to the change to v3 (see Nct's email), he hasn't commited anything in over 14 months!

Apart from being illegal, incorrect license handling can get us kicked out of debian distributions easily.

Ok,  I didn't know it was illegal. I was under the impression it was good practice to avoid anyone from the past from using gpl v2 against us in the future. If it is illegal, how many (aside from all which is impossible) do we need? (having now recived the ok for the switch from all major devs in globs lifetime).

--
Kieran.P
http://qlwiki.linuxsolutions.co.nz/