Re: [glob2-devel] Scons, CMake and autotools

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Scons, CMake and autotools
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 19:25:46 +1200

I think we should do the switch to Scons.

I support the decision to move to scons. It will need a lot more work on it though! At the moment, there is no support for windows builds.

The things that differ from autotools files on linux and autotools files on windows are replacing:
----
CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS $SDL_CFLAGS"
----
with:
----
CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS $SDL_CFLAGS -I/usr/include/freetype2"
LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS `sdl-config --libs` -lSDL_ttf"
----

and replacing
----
LIBS="$LIBS -logg -lwsock32" and replace with:
----
with:
----
LIBS="$LIBS -logg -lwsock32 /lib/libvorbisfile.a /lib/libvorbis.a /lib/libogg.a"

----

So someone with the skills will need to set it up so the same settings can be applied by executing perhaps --mingw or --win32  on the scons command, so it can make things easier in the future (no file changes!). I beleive there is an easy way to tell if something is windows, linux, or mac. That will come in handy.

--
Kieran.P
http://qlwiki.linuxsolutions.co.nz/