Re: [glob2-devel] Music from a contributor for review

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Music from a contributor for review
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 14:45:42 +0200

Well, in response to the many emails I get, someone actually followed
through. They have made a music sample for the game. I like it, but we all
need to decide.

Its very upbeat and catchy, but does it suit the game and if so where?

As always I think that it has not the quality of our music.  It gets annoying
after hearing it three times in a loop.  By the way: the beginning and the end
don't fit, so looping it is not smooth.
I would like to have additional glob2 music downloadable which will not be part
of glob2 packages.  Users should decide for them self whether a song fits the
game, comment and recommend it or even provide it.
I see this exactly as I see glob2 maps.

This is also a sample. I beleive the person who made this would be willing
to contribute sound effects and other music to the game to bring more life
to it!

If I remember it correctly, Steph wrote sometime ago that sound effects are
easy to implement.  I would welcome sound effects.

Thats what 1.0.0 is about? Reviving the game?

I thought 1.0. is about creating a game that does not crash.

(the old music gets annoying after a while, we need something that it can
change to ;) )

A user-friendly way to change our music (probably against their own) would
be nice.

(I've also got another request to make some music, I'll let you know how
that one gets on !)

As a comment on Bradley and Leo:
Science-fictional techno kind of music can be advantageous, when I think of the
starcraft 2 release this year.