Re: [glob2-devel] scons issue

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] scons issue
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 01:45:53 +0200

As far as i know the latest version is on the branch scons_conversion while the
latest master is still configure && make. i got your error, too and then got me
the scons branch and it worked.

So what should I do when using scons instead of "./configure CFLAGS=-g" ?

P.S.: I still have headaches about the right use of hg. i want to contribute to
both scons and master and have a clean copy and that all together confuses me
again and again so i wasted changes several times just because i overwrote a
folder with master to test master against someone else.

You should use many clones on your computer and give them descriptive names.
You can clone repositories with "cp -a repositoryName copyOfRepository", too.
Then you don't have to fetch the glob2 data again.
When a better name for a repository occurs to you - just rename it:
"mv repositoryName newName".

To test master against something else you can clone it and then test
in the clone.

When you get confused use "hg branch".
It will show you what the current main branch of a branch (directory) is.
mercurial-0.9.4 will pull but not update any revision that belongs to
a different branch name.
So you shouldn't accidentally change branches.  You would have to name
a revision specifically.

I think mercurial-0.9.3 did update between different named branches
automatically.