[glob2-devel] Release Candidate Beta 1

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: [glob2-devel] Release Candidate Beta 1
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 23:17:00 -0400

To mark a new era for glob2 (and to satisfy peoples egos), we are moving into a new "series" of releases, I've dubbed the "Beta" series, and we are all the way back at beta 1. If you serioussly dis-agree, tell me. Otherwise, we are now in the 0.9.0 series. The branch is called "beta1-rc", feel free to hg clone -r beta1-rc to get it.

I'm not quite sure if Beta 1 should be 0.9.0 or 0.9.1. 0.9.0 sounds better, but 0.9.1 is more consistant with what we have already.

Anyhow, I'll be updating the wiki and sending mails to glob2-announce about the new release candidate. I would like this RC to stay for atleast a week or two, to catch a couple bugs that have been annoying me but I haven't yet figured out. In particular, k776 has told me that some Alpha 23 maps still cause crashes/freezes when loaded, which will need to be dealt with.

I would like to use the release candidate to garnish some attention before the actual release to pick up on these and remaining bugs. Feel free to comment!

--
Really. I'm not lieing. Bradley Arsenault.