Re: [glob2-devel] Release Candidate Beta 1

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Release Candidate Beta 1
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 16:07:35 -0400

On 7/31/07, Leo Wandersleb <address@hidden> wrote:
bug:
glob2 now randomly places areas. i tested rc against damentz and we both got
areas we didn't place. when i first placed guard areas in his base and found out
they were not going there i found guard areas in my base i hadn't placed. later
when i stopped my attack suddenly my units rushed over as magically some guard
area appeared in his base.

he said to have seen the same effect with forbidden areas

Leo Wandersleb

I've discovered this bug and I've fixed it. The bug was that if you place a building, but instead of clicking, you click and drag, the "draging" would cause areas to be placed, however, those areas aren't visible and aren't sent to the engine untill you select to place areas under the menus. I've fixed this by not having the tool-manager assume that dragging will only occur when placing areas, because it will also occur when placing buildings.

--
Extra cheese comes at a cost. Bradley Arsenault.