Re: [glob2-devel] Re: question regarding beta4

From: Quinn Yee Qin Teh
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Re: question regarding beta4
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 04:01:16 +1100

Alright then.
On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 3:13 AM, Bradley Arsenault <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 11:41 AM, Quinn Yee Qin Teh <address@hidden> wrote:
Yes I know now. Though in my and (somebody else on irc)'s opinion showing their moving sprites on a grey background doesn't look that nice... we might be better off simply drawing a triangle/arrow or something pointing towards the edge of the screen, accompanied with a still Worker portrait. Won't look as confusing, might look nicer, and save some cpu time?

Quinn

It might look nicer but it won't save any cpu time. The animation uses almost no cpu time, its just as much cpu to draw a still portrait of a worker as it is an animated one. Especially if you do rotations on the arrow as it goes around the screen, that will be a bit cpu costly.

--
Extra cheese comes at a cost. Bradley Arsenault.