[glob2-devel] graphic standardization: player color discussion

From: dryad
Subject: [glob2-devel] graphic standardization: player color discussion
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 15:55:32 +0100 (BST)

about the player colors:

well, first time I've seen the rainbow player color management in
globulation I thought it was very nice

but problem is

it looks very nice, but you can hardly distinguish players sometimes.

so, in my opinion I would go for a more standard one:

in player order:

255   0   0
  0 255   0
255 255   0
255   0 255

this ensure the best variance for the first 6 players

then we can either use darker color for the following 6 like:
127   0   0
or the brighter ones like:
255 127 127
or even a mix of them, some darker, some lighter.

reserving white, gray and black for special purposes

the color area for buildings or units must be strictly gray shaded.