Re: Long Journey towards Sparc

From: john o goyo
Subject: Re: Long Journey towards Sparc
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 10:20:28 -0400

Greetings, Hung Hung.

On 27/03/2020 08:51, Hưng Hưng wrote:
It's unrelated though but you mentioned sparc are you running Solaris or Illumos? Other OSes also support sparc but I guest it should be Solaris or Illumos. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I am running Solaris 10. (OpenBSD also supports Sparc -- in fact, it was first developed on sparc.)

Sincerely,
john

Và o Th 6, 27 thg 3, 2020 vào lúc 01:57 john o goyo <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> đã viết:

    Greetings, Gaius.

    As I am nearing retirement, I should have the time to learn why
    gm2 is
    not generating correct sparc code.  (gm2-4.7.4 was the last
    version that
    generated correct code.)

    A first step is the following.  The build reports that types in
    SYSTEM.def are generated.  What does that mean, Gaius?  I am
    mystified
    about what happens.

    Sincerely,
    john