gnewsense-art

Re: [gNewSense-art] AzulCeniza theme for gNewSense

From: Frederique W. Piccart
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-art] AzulCeniza theme for gNewSense
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 16:45:44 +0200

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 09:39:28 -0500
Luis Felipe Lopez Acevedo <address@hidden> wrote:

> El jue, 24-09-2009 a las 12:17 +0200, Frederique W. Piccart escribió:
> > I'll try to provide some constructive feedback. :)
> >
> > I don't really like some parts of it. It being dark, and just having
> > one toned colors without any neat effects such as gradients or so
> > (if that's even possible). But that's just my personal taste.
> >

> Well, that was the idea with this theme: no gradients and just a light
> color for selections. By the way, AzulCeniza is something like
> BlueAsh.
>
> > I do like the new gNewSense menu icon some more than the current
> > one.
>
> Yeah, you want to see your power orb there, don't you? :D
>
> I'd try to help you with the theme you have in mind if you open the
> project and describe the colors and effects you'd like to see in it.
> We would include your logo proposal there too.
>
> Thanks for the feedback, Frederique.

Is there anything preventing us from taking existing artwork released
under a free license? Possibly modifying it a tiny bit if we have to?

There is a lot of decent art out there. I would definitely take on the
job to spent hours looking for art that could possibly be included such
as very decent cursors and icons and such.