Re: Problems with newest smsd

From: Markus Plail
Subject: Re: Problems with newest smsd
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 17:38:06 +0200

Hi Jan!

* Jan Derfinak writes:
> On Tue, 6 Aug 2002, Markus Plail wrote:
>> So what I was really critizising was the fact that you changed the code
>> without testing it or asking me why I did it this way.

> I think if you did know about that bug, you could leave a note about
> it.  I have only rewrite dirty code to normal code.  I have test smsd
> and it was working. I have send and receive sms with postgres and
> mysql. But I have never more as one sms in inbox and I could not know
> about this unfixed bug in difference with you.

Well.. testing with more than one SMS would have certainly been a
*very* good idea, especially as it was said that this version will go
into the release.

>> Anyways, as I just said it will be fixed in CVS soon.

> Yes, thanks Pawel for researching. If I had use your dirty workaround,
> the bug will be still hidden.

What really bugs me is that you seem to think dirty code is just normal
for my coding style and you 'correct' it without asking what's the
reason. In gsm-sms.c where that bug also occured, I have put a comment
in. The patch I sent to the list was not meant to be commited to CVS as
is, but as a starting point for you and for a discussion about the
code. You didn't discuss. That's the whole thing.

regards
Markus