Re: Problems with newest smsd

From: Jan Derfinak
Subject: Re: Problems with newest smsd
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 10:26:54 +0200 (CEST)

> What really bugs me is that you seem to think dirty code is just normal
> for my coding style and you 'correct' it without asking what's the
> reason. In gsm-sms.c where that bug also occured, I have put a comment
> in. The patch I sent to the list was not meant to be commited to CVS as
> is, but as a starting point for you and for a discussion about the
> code. You didn't discuss. That's the whole thing.

Markus, I will not continue to quarrel with you and this is my last answer.
I see that you don't understand that you have with your dirty hack trying
hidden real bug. You have send to list realy dirty code without explanation
and yes I think this is your coding style. But realy worse is that instead
of fixing bug in gsmlib you have trying to add dirty workaround to smsd. You
have trying that last week and yesterday too. Again without any words about
bug which you know. I must criticize this unproductive behaviour. I must
criticize your effort to hide real bug and fix good code. If you want I
don't think that you produce dirty code, don't produce dirty code. I you
think that somewhere in code is bug, inform about it other people and don't
wait for petition.

                                        jano

--
People are strange when you're a stranger
Faces look ugly when you're alone