Re: 3110 statemachine handling (patch)

From: Ladislav Michl
Subject: Re: 3110 statemachine handling (patch)
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 09:45:53 +0100

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 11:08:30PM +0100, BORBELY Zoltan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 01:55:58PM +0200, Osma Suominen wrote:
> > 1.1.        if yes, do you want to resend what you just sent in case no
> >     reply comes in before timeout?
>
> Maybe we should move it into the link layer, but I think it will be a
> big patch (this is the reason why I implemented it in the statemachine
> recently). I see no reason not to retransmit unacknowledged frames. I
> think this move should be an after 0.5.0 thing, this devel cycle gets
> longer and longer.

agree here. i'm ready to disable dancall driver in 0.5 (because i'm
probably the only dancall user, it will not hurt too much not mentioning
that current driver version is not something very useable ;)).

dancall is interesting only because it uses quite complex time critical
communication, so once we are able to handle it properly, we are ready
for everything :) however this should be post 0.5.0 issue.

        ladis