Re: gnokii and Nokie N95 8GB

From: Arnold Troeger
Subject: Re: gnokii and Nokie N95 8GB
Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 11:07:14 +0700

Daniele Forsi wrote:
2008/5/3 Arnold Troeger wrote:

So, someone is working on gnapplet for the n95?

not that we are aware of, but the original author of gnapplet, Borbely
Zoltan, might step in at some time

I'm also looking at Python for S60 because version 1.4.2 adds support
for "logs" which seem to give access to the remote number of SMS; I
wasn't able to check this because of my Bluetooth problems

 Is the self-signing site being down the only problem with the porting
effort?

no the downtime is over, the main problem for me is that programming
in C++ on Symbian OS is too different from what I alreadly know

Are you actually looking to rewrite gnapplet in python? Does python get around the digital signing issue in S60 rel 3.1?

--
Arnold Troeger
Email:  address@hidden