Re: gnokii and Nokie N95 8GB

From: Jari Turkia
Subject: Re: gnokii and Nokie N95 8GB
Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 11:28:37 +0300

Arnold Troeger wrote:
I'm also looking at Python for S60 because version 1.4.2 adds support
for "logs" which seem to give access to the remote number of SMS; I
wasn't able to check this because of my Bluetooth problems
Are you actually looking to rewrite gnapplet in python? Does python get around the digital signing issue in S60 rel 3.1?

Python on S60 is nice for testing and prototyping. It is totally un-usable for distributing anything to the masses. First off: no S60 phone has Python in it when shipped, secondly: there are huge limitations what you can do with Python, for example you'd have to first start the application manually before doing any Gnokiiing.

Regards,
Jari Turkia