Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Some "How Do I" questions

From: Tobias C. Rittweiler
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Some "How Do I" questions
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 10:43:56 +0200

On Thursday, August 21, 2003 at 1:53:42 AM,
    John Goerzen <address@hidden> wrote:

> 2. I would like to get, in standard unified diff format, diffs from
>    certain files or the whole tree from any arbitrary version to the
>    next.  This is often useful for sending patches to people that do
>    not use Arch and is something I would do on a regular basis.  I
>    understand the inherent limitations in the format, but need the
>    capability anyway.  CVS analog: cvs diff -r1 -r5 file.c

tla revdelta --- but be aware that this isn't file-based because of
arch's nature.

> 4. How can I create freeform tags?  Ie, cvs tag REL_4_0_1 or
>    cvs tag BEFORE_CHANGING_BIGSTUFF?

Such arbitrarily-named tags don't exist, but I can recall a talk with
jblack about them; IIRC, he said that the mechanism exist, but the
naming is a bit inconvenience, so he plaids for its relaxation.
Dunno if he ever put some further effort on it.

-- tcr (address@hidden)  ``Ho chresim'eidos uch ho poll'eidos sophos''