[Gnu-arch-users] future of the wiki

From: Tom Lord
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] future of the wiki
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 10:09:35 -0700 (PDT)

Three items:

* alternate hosts

  Each person in the to line has mentioned at least the possibility of
  hosting the Twiki-based wiki.

  May I ask that, within the next couple of days, those people decide
  among themselves who (if anyone) will host it and pass that info
  along to mgrubb and to gnu-arch-users so that we can either effect
  the transfer or let mgrubb off the hook (a bit later than planned
  for).

* one alternative to the wiki

  An alternative to the wiki might be to "eat our own dogfood", so
  to speak.

  Specifically, one idea is to replace the wiki with an arch archive
  of web content, to which we can give fairly liberal write access,
  and from which some site somewhere can be auto-updated.

* another alternative to the wiki

  I could simply add a user-contributed-FAQs section to the gnu.org
  web site, set up my own arch archive of that, and accept
  merge-requests via the bug tracker.