Re: [Gnu-arch-users] list archives

From: Zack Brown
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 16:12:56 -0700

[snipped discussion of what to do with the old arch-user mail archive]

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 03:47:40PM -0700, Tom Lord wrote:

>     > From: Zack Brown <address@hidden>
>
>     > I think it would be tragic to lose that archive. Can't you
>     > migrate it over to the new list's archives, so it appears that
>     > the archives are seamless? All we did was change servers after
>     > all. Same people, same discussions.
>
> I don't see any way to do such a migration without asking
> savannah-hackers to help and, right now, I'm having considerable
> trouble just getting them to put tla-1.1pre5 in the damn distribution
> directory.

What about Jonathan Walther? Doesn't he still have root on savannah?

Anyway, there's no rush. Just preserve the archive until such time as it
becomes convenient to migrate it over to savannah. But don't delete it
in frustration. That archive is a very important part of arch
development history, and should be kept with the gnu-arch-users archive
where everyone can find it.

Be well,
Zack

--