Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: fixing and extending "selected commit"

From: duchier
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: fixing and extending "selected commit"
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 10:26:37 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> I suspect that even the full inventory isn't necessary in many common
> cases either (e.g., a simple list of filenames that haven't been renamed).

Probably, but my plan is to first get it right, then get it fast(er),
if necessary.  Once we have something that is provably correct when
operating on full inventories, we can try our hands at formulating and
proving theorems that under certains conditions full inventories need
not be computed.

Cheers,

--
Denys Duchier - Équipe Calligramme - LORIA, Nancy, France