Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Patch : precomimt hook

From: Erik de Castro Lopo
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Patch : precomimt hook
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 18:57:22 +1000

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 23:57:48 -0800
Ethan Benson <address@hidden> wrote:

> I haven't seen Tom comment yet, but i suspect it would be better to
> build a generic prehook which works like the current hook system,
> rather then a hack specific to commit only.

I actually beleive that the current hook system is generic enough as
it is. It can be used both as a prehook and as a post hook as  it is
used now. The difference is that for a posthook, the return error
code if the hook script is not checked (or acted upon) while it is
checked in the prehook.

Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo  address@hidden (Yes it's valid)
"I've nothing against OO, I do have something against C++. Its a dogs
dinner. Anyone who's (tried) to read Stroustrups book on C++ like I had
the misfortune of doing knows that the man is very intelligent but has
about as much clarity of thought as Timothy Leary on a bad day."
-- NJR in comp.os.linux.development.apps