Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: taglines vs explicit (was Linus Torvalds <addre

From: Davide Libenzi
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: taglines vs explicit (was Linus Torvalds <address@hidden> Re: log-buf-len dynamic)
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 14:57:37 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Robin Farine wrote:

> [...]
>
>     Davide> It punctually happened that I fired a commit w/out a make
>     Davide> distclean and a bunch of cr*p (mainly stuff inside
>     Davide> autom4te.cache) went inside the patch. [...] So prefer to
>     Davide> care one order of magnitude less (during move/add/del)
>     Davide> instead of one order of magnitude more (during commits).
>
> You don't seem to realize that the inventory mechanism involves two
> distinct notions:
>
> 1) tagline|explicit|name
>    tells arch where to find the unique id (tag) of file system objects
>
> 2) untagged-source source|precious|backup|junk|unrecognized
>    tells arch how to classify a non-tagged file system object

Like I said a few times before, it is difficult for me to classify
"source" with a reg-ex rule because it frequently happen that I have
.c/.pl/and-other-usually-recognized-as-source in my tree w/out being part
of the repository (mainly short lived test/cr*p files). My future setups
will be:

tagline (arch experts suggestion)
+
untagged-source unrecognized (strict commits)

Sounds good ?

- Davide