Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: taglines vs explicit (was Linus Torvalds <addre

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: taglines vs explicit (was Linus Torvalds <address@hidden> Re: log-buf-len dynamic)
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 21:43:44 -0400

On Sat, Oct 04, 2003 at 03:30:07AM +0200, Robin Farine wrote:
>     Miles> We should come to some decision on how tla should support
>     Miles> .cvsignore-style per-directory source-hygiene files, as I
>     Miles> think that will be more comfortable for many people (and
>     Miles> help solve annoying same-name-different-dir-different- type
>     Miles> problems). That thread seems to have died out though...
>
> Yes, I'd like to have this too. I understood the boss more or less
> agreed for a per-directory .ignorefoo with overriding regexps, and a
> fall back to common regexps. So let's find a good name for .ignorefoo
> and ship it!

Well, in the way it usually happens, the conversation veered towards having
something more featureful -- since arch actually has various source
categories, rather than just ignored and not-ignored, the suggestion was made
that maybe the per-directory files should actually allow extending all the
categories established in =tagging-method.

This seems like a reasonable idea, but I think there was some question about
how easy it would be to implement.

-Miles
--
If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.  [George Carlin]