[Gnu-arch-users] Re: taglines vs explicit

From: Zack Brown
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: taglines vs explicit
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 15:03:20 -0700

On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 09:14:26PM +0200, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
> As said I really want to execute add/move/delete-tag, it's a feature. As
> such I've to keep tagline disabled. I don't want to depend on file
> contents for the revision control.
> I just feel unreliable with taglines. And I risk pain if somebody sends
> two files with the same arch-id to Linus from two different projects
> (though it's a very small risk). And you force me to watch those
> metadata garbage that annoys me ;)

This is a very strange thread. tla already allows you to choose not to
use taglines, so there doesn't seem to be any reason to argue about it.

So, if we assume you use 'explicit' tagging, then are you still unable to
get what you need from tla? What else is missing, aside from the speedup
issues you've mentioned?

Be well,
Zack