[Gnu-arch-users] cscvs working?

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] cscvs working?
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 00:07:55 -0700

I'm trying to move some more projects into CVS and am encountering some problems that may not have been seen before.

        I this is the latest code.

I created a test repository and checked out a tree into /tmp/t/c. I then attempted to build the cache:

dustinti:/tmp/t/c 621% cscvs cache -b
cvs log: warning: the rlog command is deprecated
cvs log: use the synonymous log command instead
cvs log: in directory /Users/dustin/stuff/cvstest/c:
cvs [log aborted]: there is no version here; do 'cvs checkout' first

This was using the stock CVS 1.10 from OS X 10.2.8. I grabbed the latest build of CVS (1.11.8) and got the following error instead:

dustinti:/tmp/t/c 643% cscvs cache -b
cvs rlog: cannot find module `/Users/dustin/stuff/cvstest/c' - ignored

Both seem very odd since /Users/dustin/stuff/cvstest is the CVS root here (where c is the module).

        Any ideas?

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <address@hidden>