Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Linus

From: Colin Walters
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Linus
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 23:36:28 -0400

On Sun, 2003-10-12 at 23:32, Tom Lord wrote:

> Patient: it hurts when I do [demonstrating by bending over backwards
> to touch the backs of his knees] this
>

> Doctor: then don't do that

don't...share archives in a local filesystem?  That's a pretty major
restriction, and it's something that CVS does fairly well if you're all
in a Unix group.  arch should at least be able to match that.

> It is an f'ed up notion that when the OS and environment provides
> perfectly sufficient access controls that apps should do anything
> more.

But the OS and environment don't provide perfectly sufficient access
controls, as Ethan, I, and others have shown.